Monday, July 23, 2012

Pink Scrolls and Flowers Cake

Sophia's Birthday Cake

How adorable is this?!?  I just love the idea of having a small cake and cupcakes for birthdays, especially for kids parties.  Not only is it more economical (especially if you make it yourself), I personally think that for a kid, it feels much more special to have your very own little cake, all to yourself.  Don't you?

Sophia's Birthday Cake

I made this cake for Sophia's 6th birthday and she absolutely loved it!  It's a six-inch red velvet cake with pink cream cheese frosting and colorful fondant flowers all over.  It's so swirly and girly! 

Sophia's Cupcakes

I also made 2 dozen red velvet cupcakes, also topped with pink cream cheese frosting and fondant flowers.  And for an extra special shimmer, I lightly dusted them with sparkly gold luster dust.  I think with a little bit of patience and creativity, anyone can decorate their own small cake and cupcakes.  And if you get the kids involved, you'll have fun and save money too!

4 comments:

turmericnspice said...

I love it looks awesome !! The frosting looks so creamy

Joan said...

yummmm!

Unknown said...

So pretty!

http://whatsarahbaked.blogspot.co.uk/

Mommie of 2 said...

This is beautiful! I want to try this but with your egg free red velvet recipe. When I made the egg free red velvet cupcakes before the batter did not hold the cupcake liners open so they buckeled in some. Most of the cupcakes were not perfectly round at the bottom. Any tips on how to fix this? Maybe a special cupcake pan or special cupcake liners?

2. Also are those fondant scrolls/swirls or cream cheese ascrolls/swirls?

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...