Saturday, December 20, 2014

Classic Chocolate Truffles


Over the years, I've slowly come to realize that when it comes to making holiday treats,  I need to simplify things.  As much as I'd love to make all my favorite desserts for everyone, it's physically impossible for me to do it.  I've tried!  Oh boy, have I tried! And it was not pretty.  All those late nights baking all sorts of cookies and making two or three or four different candies.  Not sleeping!  It was crazy!  And I was crazy for putting myself through it!  


So this year,  I'm gonna try to be good to myself and maybe get a couple more hours of sleep.  Instead of making an assortment of cookies, I'm gonna make just one or two.  If I'm shipping treats to out of town friends and family, I may just put together a cookie mix in a jar so they can just add the wet ingredients and bake them fresh whenever they want.  And instead of an assortment of candies, I'm making a simple but classic one.  


These classic chocolate truffles are very easy to make and only require a handful of ingredients.  You can make them ahead of time and store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator until you need them.  These will come in handy for last minute gifts.  Just keep some gift boxes and tissue paper ready so you can just package them nicely.

Happy Holidays Everyone and Have a Happy New Year!

Classic Chocolate Truffles 
Makes 40-50 truffles
Allergy Information:  Contains dairy and soy ingredients

24 oz. (about 4 cups) bittersweet or semisweet chocolate chips
1 cup heavy whipping cream
4 Tbs. butter
1/4 cup cocoa powder

Place the chocolate chips in a medium mixing bowl and set aside.  In a small saucepan, heat the heavy cream and butter until simmering.  Gently pour over the chocolate chips.  Wait for 1-2 minutes; stir until smooth.  Pour into a glass baking dish and refrigerate for at least 1 hour or until the mixture is slightly firm.

Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or aluminum foil.  Scoop out teaspoonfuls of truffle and roll them into balls.  Refrigerate them for 30 minutes or until firm.

Sift cocoa powder into a small bowl. Coat each truffle with cocoa powder.  You can keep the truffles in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks. Allow the truffles to reach room temperature before eating.

3 comments:

Maggie Mae said...

Merry CHRISTmas & more blessings for 2015! Your blog is amazing. =^.^=

Unknown said...

Hi, everything looks yummy, and can't wait to trie some of them...wonderful to be following your awesome blog...blessings.

Lily said...

Looks delicious.

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...