Sunday, December 11, 2011

Cookie Exchange 2011 Roundup

Art of Dessert Cookie Exchange


Thank you, thank you, thank you everyone for sharing all your wonderful cookie recipes! To be honest, I was a little nervous about this.  This is the first time I've ever hosted a virtual cookie exchange and I wasn't sure if anyone was going to respond. My stomach was in knots for the past two weeks.  I basically just crossed my fingers, my toes and my eyes, hoping for a good turnout.  So I'm very happy and very grateful to all of you who were so sweet to take time out of your busy holiday schedule to participate in this event.

We've got a beautiful collection of allergen-friendly cookies to share so I'm just gonna get right to it.  

  Anzac Cookies
- by Jeanette from Jeanette's Healthy Living
Anzac stands for "Australian and New Zealand Army Corps" and these cookies were shipped to Anzac soldiers during World War I. They were sturdy cookies and did not spoil easily so they were perfect to ship around the world.




Quinoa Banana Chocolate Chip Cookies
- by Jeanette from Jeanette's Healthy Living
 These are an adaptation of a banana oatmeal cookie recipe Jeanette found in Tina Haupert's book, Carrots N Cake.
Lisa used an old family recipe called Frying Pan cookies and adjusted the ingredients to make these cookies for Teatime Tuesday.





Seven Layer Bars
 - by Lisa from Allergy Free Vintage Cookery
This well-known traditional dessert is reinvented by replacing the butter and sweetened condensed milk with coconut milk and coconut oil.

Chewy Banana Breakfast Bars
-by Elizabeth from Easy Breezy Food Allergies 
These breakfast bars are filled with bananas, oats, honey, chocolate chips and Sunbutter. I think these are perfect for anytime, not just breakfast.

Sunbutter Thumbprint Cookies
 -by Elizabeth from Easy Breezy Food Allergies
Elizabeth takes the classic thumbprint cookies and made them allergen-free! She even added Sunbutter, my favorite :-)



These are one of Jazlyn's favorite cookies. They're crunchy on the outside and chewy on the inside and filled with oats and chocolate chips.



 

 Brown Sugar Cookies
-by Lori from Jazzy Allergy Recipes
Lori's girls say these cookies taste like Nilla wafers, only softer and with a wonderful brown sugar flavor. 




Pecan Puffs
- by Elizabeth from Four and Twenty Blackberries
These pecan puffs are a classic holiday cookie and they're egg-free.





El Maggie Churros 
-by Maggie from Maggie Mae'd
These egg-free churros will be a great to enjoy with your hot chocolate during this cold weather.




 Ridiculously Yummy Peppermint Chocolates
-by Kim and Megan from Welcoming Kitchen
I think my boys and I will be making these quick and easy allergen-free peppermint chocolates pretty soon. I'm sure we'll have fun eating some candy canes while we're making them.






Gluten-free Sugar Cookies
-by Kim and Megan from Welcoming Kitchen
You can make these allergen-free sugar cookies as is or you can add different flavorings if you desire.

Thank you again to everyone who participated in this virtual cookie exchange! I hope to see you again next year with more cookie recipes to share :-)

Happy Holidays and Happy Baking!

3 comments:

Jeanette said...

What a nice roundup of allergy-friendly cookies, just in time for the holidays! Thanks for including mine. Happy Holidays!

Elizabeth said...

Thank you so much for including my recipe! They all look wonderful.

Maggie said...

Thanks for including my cookie! I have to try the Sunbutter thumbprints. They'll be a great way to use up homemade jam.

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...