Friday, February 10, 2012

Valentine's Day Desserts

Egg-Free Red Velvet Cupcakes for Valentine's Day
Egg-Free Red Velvet Cupcakes

Hello lovers everywhere! Valentine's Day is just around the corner and if you're planning to seduce your sweetie with a decadent dessert, I have a few sinful suggestions that will definitely get you and your Valentine in a romantic mood.  And what's the magical aphrodisiac in these desserts? Chocolate of course.

Red Velvet Cake

When I think of Valentine's Day, I think of hearts.  And when I think of hearts, I think of the color red. And what could be a more perfect match for Valentine's Day than red velvet cake? The sweet but slightly tangy cream cheese frosting really goes well with this light and moist chocolate cake. For Valentine's Day, you can bake the cake in a baking sheet and use a cookie cutter to make heart-shaped layers then pipe cream cheese frosting in the middle and on top. Drizzle some chocolate sauce on a plate and place your heart-shaped red velvet cake in the center. Voila! A dessert that will surely impress your sweetheart.

champagne truffles

If you want to woo your sweetheart with champagne and chocolates, why not try these luscious champagne truffles?  There's champagne and orange liqueur mixed into the rich chocolate ganache center.  You can coat them in dark chocolate and dust them with powdered sugar. For an extra special touch, you can coat them with white chocolate and dust them with gold luster to make them into luxurious golden champagne truffles. Tuck these babies in a heart-shaped candy box and lovingly present them to your Valentine.

El Diablo Chocolate Truffles

If you want to spice things up with you and your honey, these El Diablo Chocolate Truffles will knock your socks off. The smooth ganache center is infused with ground cayenne pepper and if that's not enough heat, they're also dusted with even more cayenne pepper! Muy caliente!

Nutella Marshmallow Mousse

If you love Nutella as much as I do, then this silky Nutella Marshmallow Mousse might be the perfect dessert to end your romantic Valentine's meal. The mousse is made with Nutella, milk, heavy cream and marshmallows. It's so simple and easy, you can even make it ahead of time so you can spend more time with your sweetie and less time in the kitchen. You can serve this in elegant glasses then garnish with whipped cream and a delicate chocolate heart or sliced strawberries.

Chocolate Wasted Cake

Of course you can't go wrong with chocolate, chocolate and more chocolate. This Chocolate Wasted Cake is loaded with layer upon layer of chocolatey goodness.  It has been described as orgasmic by a lot of people who've had the pleasure of trying it.  So if you have a chocoholic for a lover, I'm sure one bite of this cake will send him or her to a very happy place.  For Valentine's Day, you can top this cake will lots and lots of heart-shaped chocolate candies or you can make mini chocolate wasted cupcakes and top each one with a heart-shaped chocolate candy.
Chocolate Macaroons

Parisian macarons are by far my favorite sweet treat and I personally think they make a great present to give for Valentine's Day (Hubby, hint hint). To be honest, I'll take a box of macarons over a box of chocolates any day. They're so light and crispy on the outside and soft and chewy on the inside. You can find them in a variety of flavors but of course chocolate is my favorite.  I've made chocolate macarons at home and my only complaint is I can't stop eating them.

Fresh Fruit Strudel

Believe it or not, there are some people out there who just don't care for chocolate. Shocking I know.  And guess what?  I'm married to one! Chocolate's alluring powers won't work on my dear Hubby. So what's a girl to do?  Well, I have another secret weapon: Fresh Fruit Strudel. Hubby absolutely loves this sweet flaky puff pastry topped with whipped cream and fresh fruit. When I make this for him on Valentine's Day, I'm definitely gonna score some points for sure.

Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies

UPDATE: I made these Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies this weekend and to my surprise, my hubby said they were the best chocolate chip cookies I've ever made. Wow! Now, Hubby is very honest with me when it comes to what he likes and what he doesn't like, so for him to say these are the best says ALOT.


I hope these romantic desserts will inspire you to make something sweet for your sweetie on Valentine's Day :-)

No comments:

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...