Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Threadcakes Baking Competition

When it comes to decorating cakes, anything could be your source of inspiration. How about turning your favorite t-shirt design into an edible work of art? Well, the creative folks at Threadless.com have done exactly that. They started this fantastic online baking competition called Threadcakes and it's going on right now. Here are some of the winners from last year (photos courtesy of Threadless.com and Threadcakes.com)




















I had a chance to browse through their cake gallery this week and the entries so far have been amazing. There were quite a few cakes that I was really impressed with, including Zombie at Tiffany'sBitter Teeth , Why is an Owl Smart? and Phascolarctos Cinereus. What's so cool about this competition is that each participant shows you the step-by-step process (with photos!) of how they made their cake. I really enjoyed reading the stories submitted with each cake and I got to learn some new cake decorating techniques for use in the future.



It's not too late to participate. Bakers and non-bakers are welcome to enter. The contest ends August 16 so check out Threadcakes.com, pick a design and start baking!

Please note: I am not a paid endorser nor did I accept any freebies of the brands or products mentioned in this post.  I just love them and wanted to share them with you :-)

4 comments:

jef said...

So...are you going to enter?

I'm considering it if I can find something I want to make...

Art of Dessert said...

Hi Jef! I really wish I could participate too. I've got my son's 1st birthday coming up and I'm still trying to figure out what to make. LOL

Rosie said...

Oh my dear...What a S*W*E*E*T little world you have created...I have just spent the last half hour, wandering aimlessly through MANY past posts...you my dear have such talent. I LOVE that your family comes first...well done.
I have added you to my sidebar, so I won't miss even one moment of these "wonder filled" creations...Smile on...Rosie

Jenniffer said...

I wished I could participate too, but I have just been swamped this year! Some of those cakes are just gorgeous, I don't even know if I could complete next to some of the entries I have seen!

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...